Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Fall Sports Recap

“Eagle Power” flew high and mighty in the autumn of 2023.

With the weather getting colder and the semester coming to an end, winter sports are starting up in full force for the 2023-2024 season. With that being said, here’s a recap for the 2023 fall sports season.

Starting off strong, boys tennis ended second overall in 5A Front Range League with a league record of 3-4 and an overall record of 4-5. Senior, Kai Trujilo had an unbelievable season, losing only two matches out of 22. Trujillo was listed on First Team All-State for 5A, 5A Player of the year and became the most recent Boys Tennis state champion.

Boys soccer had a fantastic season, bringing home a state championship. Seniors Marcus Von and Elijah Smith, as well as Juniors Cole Martin and Adam Thresher were named at 5A First Team All-State. Junior Evan Rea was named 5A Second Team All-State. Marcus Von was named 5A player of the year and an All-American while coach Zach Hindman was named 5A coach of the year. The Eagles went 5-2 in league, finishing third in 5A Front Range League and went 16-2-2 overall.

Softball won regionals for the first time since 2014 and made it to the first round of state. They ended with a record of 11-3 in league and 21-5 overall. Sophomore Kiley Wheaton was named to the Second Team All-State for 5A. Sophomore Ireland Heer was named as an honorable mention for All-State and Front Range pitcher of the year.

Cross Country was able to send both girls and boys to the state championship this year for the first time in three years. They competed all season in order for both teams to qualify. For the girls team, only nine girls ran this year, making the accomplishment of qualifying for state extra special. The top three runners Kasey Crispin, Olivia Olson, and Vilate Carwin were able to make this happen for the team. For the boys team, there was great cohesion between the runners that allowed them to compete well together. Senior Ian Weich became a team leader and brought a lot of success for the team, as well as Case Thomas whose talent stood out during races.

Broomfield’s football team ended with an overall record of 10-3 and made it to the semi-finals of state, ending their eight-game win streak. Noah Biller, Caleb Meehan, Mason Smiley, Mikhail Benner, Anthony Cobb, Landen Davidson, Brody Judd, and Ty LaCrue were all named to the North Metro 2 League First Team. Gio Toledo, Brent Harris, CT Worley, Caleb Meehan, and Ty LaCrue were named to the North Metro 2 League Second Team. Honorable mentions include, Joey Lipshaw, Nathan Wheeler, Maverick Scarpella, Brendan Fritch, Zach Ely, and Elliot Less. Noah Biller was named Defensive Player of the Year for North Metro 2 League, and Head Coach Robert O’Brien was named Coach of the Year for North Metro 2 League.

Volleyball ended their season in regionals at Castle View with a record of 9-4 in league and 18-7 overall. Broomfield ended sixth in 5A Front Range League with huge wins against Holy Family, Legacy, Chatfield, Cherokee Trail, and Rocky Mountain. Seniors Kayla Foster and Macy Mahoney were honorable mentions for 5A All-State.

Boys golf sent seniors Mason Hill and Sam Horne to state this year. Sam Horne placed 79th and Mason Hill placed 24th overall at state. Mason Hill had the fourth best scoring season in history for Broomfield Boys Golf, averaging a score of 73.5, as well as scoring a 72 and placing fourth to qualify for the state tournament.

Cheer had an amazing season, competing at a higher level then they have in over a decade. Cheer focused on their Game Day routine this year, led by senior captions Jada Sutton and Lilly Kate Wells. Cheer earned multiple first place titles at various regional competitions. Broomfield won first place in the Front Range League regionals. In the state championship, they overcame a dropped stunt in their preliminary routine. They entered the finals in fifth place. The girls performed an almost perfect routine, placing second overall by less than a point.

Poms also was able to compete at an extremely high level this season, placing first in the Front Range League. Poms was able to earn a number of first place finishes in other regional competitions throughout the season, NDA being one of them. Broomfield competed in the Hip-Hop categories at state and placed third overall. Senior, Cienna Wilcox was noticed as an outstanding performer as well as team senior captains Izzie Gunn and Kayci Nguygen.

The Broomfield gymnastics team continued to thrive, coming off back-to-back state championship wins in 2021 and 2022. Gymnastics had a dominating regular season. They earned the regional win and a spot in the state championship. Earning 181.375 overall points, Broomfield tied for second with Overland High School. Senior, Mia Ritchie placed eighth overall in individual, placing fourth on floor, eighth on bars, then worked up to third place in individual bars. Mia Ritchie was named in the First Team for 5A All-State. Kaia Bachrach, Kaya Duncan, Keria La Hue, and Aspen Paillian were all named for Second Team 5A All-State, as well as an Honorable Mention to Avery Kang.

We are beyond proud of our Eagle’s this fall season. Showing extreme determination, dedication, athleticism, and Eagle pride in every sport. Congratulations to all fall sports for their successes this year. To Broomfield seniors, we congratulate and thank you for your time spent playing and competing for Broomfield.

We wish the best of luck to winter sports in this upcoming season. We hope to see some more state championships in the future. Go Eagles!