Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Broomfield Vs. Overland

Last Thursday, Broomfield Basketball traveled to Overland to take on the Overland Blazers in their opening game.
Kwinn Mitchell (24) 
Hitting a long three pointer
Kwinn Mitchell (’24) Hitting a long three pointer

During the first half it was all Overland as they led at the half by eight. After a halftime discussion and game adjustments, the Eagles stormed back, outscoring Overland by six in the third.

In the fourth quarter fans were on the edge of their seats as the game was within one score for four minutes, but after a deep three by Kwinn Mitchell (‘24) to put the Eagles up by two, it was all Eagles from there on.

Broomfield came away with a road win against Overland thanks to an 18 point performance from Andrew Effland (‘25) who led the team with a 50% field goal percentage.

Overall, the eagles played a great team game as four out of eight players have 10 or more points.

Andrew Effland (’25) going up for a layup.

This Wednesday the Eagles take on the Fruita Monument Wildcats. The Wildcats are 3-0 on the season and have outscored their opponents a combined 214-124, only one opponent has come within 23 points of them.

The Wildcats opponents have a combined 5-7 record and the only team with a winning record came within six points of winning.

Regardless, the Eagles are coming into this game strong and with a head full of steam, go support them at Centaurus high school at 5:00 PM this Wednesday. Go Eagles!