Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Eagles Hoops Prepare for the Start of Season

As fall sports are coming to an end, winter sports are just beginning.
SG Will Lapham (25) makes a move on  Shyya Martinez (24).
Hayden Foster
SG Will Lapham (’25) makes a move on Shyya Martinez (’24).

For the Eagles basketball program there are high hopes for a great season.

Last year the Eagles finished with a record of 15-9 with a tough first round elimination loss vs Highlands ranch in the playoffs. This year they look to improve that record and shock the state.

The Eagles have been in the offseason now for a while but that doesn’t stop the team from getting their work in, whether that’s the weight room or open gyms.

“This offseason has been really good, we’re all in it together,” said Kellen Mitchell (‘24) when asked how this offseason has been.

Broomfield competed in a preseason fall league at Gold Crown Foundation, taking the title and winning the league. This looks very scary for upcoming teams in the regular season.

There’s a lot of excitement from the players as well. Last year as a sophomore, Joey Cook (‘25) received first team all conference. Heading into his junior season the hype surrounds him as well as the team.

“We wanna make a deep playoff run, win games, and win league , that’s it,” said Cook when asked where he sees the team by the end of the season.

Broomfield opens up the regular season facing Overland and then competes at the Centaurus Holiday tournament looking to take first for the second year in a row.

The Eagles don’t play a home game till the 12th of December which is 4 games into the regular season. but point guard, Shyya Martinez (‘24), has no worries about the away games to start the season.

Blaes Kane (’25) taking the contact and finishing his layup in a practice drill.
(Hayden Foster)

“We’re gonna put a lot of work in to prepare for them, and we definitely look forward to coming back home and playing but the away games are just as fun,” said Martinez.

The Eagles first game of the season is November 30th at Overland High School this Thursday at 7:00. Broomfield looks to open the season with a great win and get off to a hot start.