The Eagles of Broomfield: Meet the Candidates

The cast and crew of  The Election

Attention Eagles, the fall play is here and better than ever! The Election is coming to Broomfield High School, and with it brings the two newest Eagles, Mark Davenport and Christy Martin, Co-stars of the Broomfield’s newest play. The Election is a fun, hilarious production about a high school presidential race. Though written a few years back, it eerily resembles the today’s presidential election. The play airs Thursday 11/3 at 7 PM. Friday 11/4 at 6 PM. And Saturday 11/5 at 7 PM. Don’t miss it!

dsc_0052

Mark Davenport

Played by Kyle Ladtkow

Mark Davenport, though not the most well known candidate, may be the most relatable candidate in this presidential race. Like most high schoolers, Mark loves candy, fast food, the arts, sports, and is a hard working straight B student. His well-devised three-point plan aims to include all of these things and caters to the needs and preferences of the student body over anything else. His supporters value not only having a relatable candidate in the school office, but a candidate who is well organized and well prepared for the election. In fact, the three words that Mark would use to describe himself reflect just that, “hardworking, responsible, and…awesome!”

dsc_0054

Christy Martin

Played by Caroline Frenzel

Most would agree, Christy Martin is the hottest face of this election. “All the guys want to date her, and all the girls want to be her,” says Kylie Smith, the head of the election. But good looks aren’t all students adore and admire about Christy. This straight A student has the smarts that her followers believe are vital to any presidential candidate. However, the thing students love the most about Christy is how passionately she speaks to the public. Not only is Christy passionate about her school and unique plans for her school, but she has the ability to appeal to any audience and make them feel the same.