Grading…Fun?

Have you ever seen students in your classroom that look like they’re dying while looking at YOUR stuff? They’re not even a student in your class but they get a sneak peak at all your work.

Grading...Fun%3F

Liliana Escalante

Don’t worry, they don’t share it, but there are much more interesting exciting things they could be doing then grading your stuff. No offense.

You may wonder what their perspective is like on this whole grading system that teachers have them do. Landon Vanzant (‘25) gave the inside scoop on what this teacher aid is like and what he would rather, or rather not, be doing.

Eagle Way: Do you feel empowered when grading notebooks?

Landan Vanzant: Yeah, because I control whether students do good or not.

EW: What does grading work entail?

Vanzant: It is basically making sure students have all their stuff filled out and if they don’t then I won’t give them credit.

EW: What or where would you rather be when grading students work?

Vanzant: I’d rather be on a beach because it seems nice right about now. Way more fun than grading notebooks.

EW: What do you like to do after you’re done grading work?

Vanzant: Eat donuts. Powdered donuts.

EW: Do you talk to Mrs. Kelly when or after grading the work she assigns to you?

Vanzant: No. I sit on the futon and do whatever after I am done grading. When I get there I do her orders. She’s Drill Sergeant Kelly.

EW: Hockey is your favorite sport. Why did you choose to do football this season instead of Hockey?

Vanzant: I was losing the love for the sport. It wasn’t fun anymore so I chose to do football but now I miss hockey so I will be playing it again in the next season.

EW: Do you enjoy/do other things that are non-sports related?

Vanzant: I workout if that counts. I find working out relaxing and I work on a variety of things when doing so. Other than that I probably will just end up doing homework so I can get it done.