They’re Not Dracula, but NHS Wants Your Blood!

The BHS annual fall blood drive is just around the corner.

Avery Schmidt, Staff Writer

National Honor Society is once again hosting a Bonfils Blood Drive here at Broomfield High School. The drive will take place on October 24, 2019, from 10:30 – 3:00 in the Eagle Gym.

Mrs. Malecha and NHS ask you to help make this event successful by donating an hour of your time and a little bit of blood. The process starts with a short interview before and ends with refreshment time after.

If you would like to donate, make sure you are in good health and weigh at least 110 lbs. Additionally, donors must eat a full meal at least 30 minutes prior to donation along with being well-rested and hydrated.

Students who wish to participate must bring an ID containing their name and one of the following: birth date, blood center donor number, or photo. You must also pass the physical and health history examination given prior to donation.

Your donation can save up to three lives, so please take this opportunity to help others, and feel good about yourself in the process. There are free snacks available to those who donate. 

This opportunity is open to students 16 and 17 with a signed permission from parents, and for students 18 and up who can donate on their own. 

For more information, email Malecha or talk to an NHS member. Hope to see you there!