Marching Into State

Will Darkey, Staff Writer

10th ranked Broomfield is competing at the Marching Band State tournament this weekend

Band will be competing in their State Tournament starting today, November 2nd, and going into tomorrow, Saturday, November 3rd. The two-day State Tournament is being held at the Air Force Academy down in Colorado Springs. The Quarter Finals will be held today, with the Semis taking place Saturday, and the Finals taking place Saturday night. Marching Band’s first performance today will be at 12:45 PM, but they will have other performances these next two days, so go down to support if you can!

The thing about band this year though, is that there seems to be something special brewing. Last year, band went into state ranked as the 16th best band in 4A. This year, we boast the 10th best band in 4A, one of the best rankings Broomfield’s marching band has seen in years. On top of that, Broomfield High School’s band hasn’t been to the Saturday of State in a long time, so there really is something unique about the group this year. Everyone on the band is excited to showcase their hard work at State this weekend, as they’ve been working very hard to get to this point. The band dedicates a solid 12 hours each week, perfecting their craft, and preparing for the event of the season: State. And it is now among them. Good luck to marching band at State this year. If you can, drive down to the Springs with some friends, and help support this talented group of students chase a title.