Seniors Bringing out the Brooms?

This year’s Senior class of 2019 has its sights on going 4-0 through all four homecoming weeks.

Will Darkey, Staff Writer

The Seniors are currently sitting at an impressive 3-0 through their first three homecomings, and there is a lot of pressure going into this specific homecoming week as the class of 2019 is looking to be the first class to win all four homecoming weeks in their high school career. This is not going to be an easy feat to accomplish though, as the Junior class of 2020 has improved in participation and is showing no signs of slowing. But before going into depth regarding this year’s homecoming week, let’s take a little trip down memory lane to the Senior’s three previous homecoming victories.

2015: Las Vegas theme. As little Freshman, the Seniors showed an impressive amount of spirit on Flamingo day, Toga Tuesday, and Tropical day, easily surpassing the weak Sophomore class in almost all aspects.

2016: Board Game theme. The Class of 2019 faced the new Freshman class, taking Nerd day, Jazzercise day, and Generations day from them. They also killed it with the most hashtags of all the classes and winning tug of war at the Llabtoof Halftime game. Another easy win, moving to 2-0 through their first two years.

2017: Grammy’s theme. This was the toughest year of the three, as the Seniors went back and forth with the Class of 2018 on Country day, Rock Star day, and Disco day. A rough shutout loss in Llabtoof meant that the Spirit Boys and assembly participants needed to step it up, and did they ever. Sean O’Brien killed it in musical chairs, and the Spirit Boys back-flipped and pelvic-thrusted their way to an astounding performance. As Juniors, the Senior class squeaked out a victory, improving to 3-0.

Now it all comes down to this final year. 2018. Around the World theme: Safari day, Toga Tuesday, and Tropical Thursday highlight the major dress-up days. An intriguing Llabtoof and Spirit Boys match-up, plus a lot games and cheers at the pep assembly create yet another exciting Homecoming Week.

With this year’s Homecoming right around the corner, the school is beginning to buzz again about a potential “Senior Sweep.” Trash talking is starting up between the Juniors and Seniors, arguing who has the better Llabtoof roster, who will take home all the spirit days, who will cheer the loudest at the Assembly, and so on. While every Senior is a little nervous going into this final Homecoming, most of them are still confident in their class—a class filled with spirit and talent.

Senior Spirit Man Garrett Laughlin is confident in his class, stating, “Every single one of us bleeds blue and we love our Eagles. We’re the loudest, most spirited class that’s ever came through Broomfield.”

Melanie Long, Student Council Co-President says, “We are definitely ready to take them, but you know, we gotta stay humble.”

Even though it has already been a historic accomplishment to be 3-0 record in Homecoming weeks, these seniors are showing no signs of slowing. Everyone in the class is hungry for a clean sweep, with most saying it would be devastating if they didn’t finish their historic Homecoming Week run with a final dub. While it would be catastrophic if the seniors choked away a chance at a 4-peat, there should be no reason why they do lose it, as they still have the most spirited class in the whole school, some Llabtoof stars who are motivated for a win this year after a loss last year, and Spirit Men who are cooking up one of the best performances this school might ever see. All I know is it will be another insane week of Homecoming, but I believe the senior class should start finding their brooms, as there is a chance at a historic clean sweep of Hoco Week.