The Eagle Way

The Great American Read

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Great American Read

Sidney Poulsen, Staff Writer

The Great American Read is a new TV show and online series, hosted by Meredith Vieira, where discussions are held over the books that influenced, moved, and made us who we are.

One of the essential questions being asked throughout the eight-part series is, “Who am I?”

Ms. Schissel, the librarian here at Broomfield High School, sparked an interest in this national debate and decided to get Broomfield High School involved. “We are a school of readers,” said Schissel. “We have a lot of students who come in just to check out books because they love to read. Boys and girls of all grades.”

She also explained that Broomfield has a lot of the books that will be part of the 100 books in The Great American Read, so students who do want to participate can check out the books right in the library for free.

The series encourages the audience to read the books and vote from the list of 100 books, sharing their personal connections with certain titles.

If you are interested in The Great American Read, or on how you can get involved, check out this link or head to the library and see Ms. Schissel for more details, bingo, a bookmark, and a sticker.

Sidney Poulsen, Staff Writer

As a senior at Broomfield High, Sidney is quite active in several parts of the school. She has been on Broomfield women's gymnastics team for three, going...