The End of the Year Cram

Gianni Martinez, Staff Writer

For some, their last month of high school is coming upon them; for others, their future awaits to transition into their new roles in high school. The end of the year for every student is always a cram and emotions build up: the stress of finals week, graduation, prom, and of course, the new beginnings for the seniors who will once more become freshman.

Most students toward the end of the year tend to have many emotions: whether it is being excited, nervous, or overwhelmed for the near future and new beginnings. For students like Quinn Slatter, they are not so nervous. “I enjoyed high school and I’m going to miss a lot of the people, but I’m excited to leave. Senioritis kicked in around Christmas break and from that point on I’ve been wanting to leave.” Though Quinn is excited to leave, he is also excited for what is to come, “I plan to attend either Utah State University or CU and I am going to study engineering or business. So for that I am pretty excited.”

Furthermore, a lot of students here at Broomfield have futures that involve leaving the state and for some that can be exciting or scary. “The end of the year is close and I am leaving pretty far. Farther than all of my friends because I am going to college at Finlandia in Michigan. It’s a little scary knowing that I’m going out that far out and leaving everyone, but I am also starting a new chapter and I’m excited for that,” said senior Daisia Knowles. Daisia is not only going to college to further her education and studying in psychology, but is also going to continue her career in soccer at the division three level.

Lastly, for the freshman, they can’t wait to finally be an upperclassman and continue their path through high school. Freshman Austin Lyda, like any other student, can’t wait to finish school and get finals over with so he can enjoy his summer vacation. “I can’t wait to finish school and finals so that I can enjoy the long break over the summer. Also, though I will be an upperclassman above the freshman, I feel as if I will feel the same…young. The only difference I think will be that I will get more school work next year,” said Austin. He also stated that his hardest final will be Spanish, due to the fact that learning another language is something that’s not his strong suit.

The end of the year cram  may be the most stressful, but is also the most exciting time of the school year. Students try to get their school work and finals out of the way as others are headed toward different paths  beyond high school. Though the future can be scary at times, most tend to find it a memorable time for themselves and thrive throughout high school and into new beginnings.