The Eagle Way

Boys Varsity Soccer Nationally Ranked

Back to Article
Back to Article

Boys Varsity Soccer Nationally Ranked

Maggie Peck, Staff Writer

The basketball team wasn’t the only winner last Friday. The eagle community rose and joined in applause, echoing throughout the wide walls of the gymnasium to congratulate a Broomfield team who was prestigiously awarded as one of the best groups nationwide. MaxPreps eagerly snapped photos as members from the National Guard arrived suited up to present the team with their honor. As the buzzer called to pause the game for halftime, the varsity boys soccer team walked out of the bleachers single file, and grouped up to pose for a picture with a trophy and a poster reading, “MaxPreps Tour of Champions.” Students, staff, and families spent several minutes cheering and capturing the special moment. “It provided us with a little bit of redemption,” said head coach, Jim Davidson. “I think just the win in general made up for a lot of the ill will and what we were feeling, and what we thought was kind of cheated out of the championship the year before. It was nice recognition for the boys, especially by the foremost leader and prep sports coverage nationally, pretty exciting to be recognized by MaxPreps and also to be recognized by a branch of the armed services, I think is a nice thing in this day and age especially.”

Maggie Peck, Staff Writer

This is Maggie Peck’s first year of newspaper. She is currently a sophomore. In her free time, she enjoys hiking, reading, movies, and music.  At school,...