The Eagle Way

Homecoming by Number

Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming by Number

Jack Vanderberg, Staff Writer

Every year, Broomfield High School Homecoming falls right around October, and after a full week of spirit wear and assemblies, everyone gets excited for Saturday night. Most people see it as just another dance in the school year: slap on some nice clothes from last year, grab some leftover lasagna, and head for the dance with a few friends. Others (especially freshmen) stress about what they’re going to wear, where they’re going to eat, how they’re going to get there, when they’re going to get there, and other various decisions for weeks, maybe months in advance. Some people don’t know what to think: Is Homecoming a great big deal or is it just a time to look good and rock out? A recent poll that we took sheds some light on the question.

* N/A means person did not go to Homecoming this year OR question does not refer to them*

Going over the costs for preparing for the dance, the average cumulative amount spent was about $120 for clothes, dinner, and transportation, not including the $20 to get in. However, there were plenty of people who probably spent much less than $120, and there were plenty of people who spent plenty more than $120 on clothing alone. But, in truth, there is no “right” way of doing Homecoming. The goal isn’t based on how much you spend or how you look, it’s to have fun. And from the looks of these last questions the student body was asked, it looks like a mass majority had fun no matter who with, when they went, and how much they spent.

Aside from getting ready, Homecoming itself was a major success. Student Council sold the most tickets to the dance that they’ve sold in years. Students loved the vibe of Mile High, looking out into the empty stadium that is usually so busy and loud. One of the best things about the dance was DJ Bruce. Not only was he a fan favorite compared to the DJ from last year, but he had the dance floor overflowing with students going all out for hours.

The next question is: how will people prepare for Prom?

Jack Vanderberg, Web Editor

Jack Vanderberg is a senior and on his second year as working for the school newspaper. This year he is the Website Manager. Around the school, you can...