Hard Work Pays Off at Signing Day

Steven Croell, Staff Writer

Tuesday, February 1st, was a big day for many Broomfield athletes. Fourteen athletes from four different sports, had the opportunity to sign their national letter of content, and continue their athletic and academic careers.

With many family members, friends, coaches, and staff, showing their support, the outcome for the highly anticipated signing day was one of the biggest in Broomfield history.

These students have been acknowledged in the classroom and on the field, and can now finally say that their lifelong goal has become a reality. It is rare to hear about fourteen athletes signing together from Broomfield High, and even more uncommon that eight of them are continuing to play at Division I schools. Mason Keeler is one out of three students who is headed to the University of Wyoming as the Cowboys upcoming Tight End. “Going Division I means everything to me,” said Keeler. “I love football more than anything and have been working towards this my whole life.”

Having one of the bigger signing classes around the state, Broomfield drew in attention from Boulder County Preps as they attended to the ceremony to cover the students’ big day

As Ginger Ramsey welcomed the athletes with the encouraging words of their former coaches, the heartwarming moment touched the athletes and their families when hearing their accomplishments made throughout their journey. The setup of the cake, balloons, and signs, made the moment unforgettable.

The process of being recruited and having the opportunity to choose their next step in life is one of the biggest and hardest decisions these athletes have had to face. “The process was hard, and you have to stick to it,” said Keeler. “I had to choose between two schools and a slight difference helped me decide. It was a tough decision, but I cannot wait to experience and play football at the University of Wyoming.”

These students have been contemplating for months where they want to continue their future lives as students and athletes. After all of their hard work and dedication to the sport they love, they can finally say that they have done it. They can finally say that their work has paid off and they have made it. Now, there are many other athletes working for that same goal for the next year. All these athletes and parents will come together at the annual sports Gala to fund raise for next years season for even bigger achievements. Have you gotten your Gala ticket yet?