The Eagles of Broomfield: Jordan Farner

Tino Martinez, Staff Writer

img_02521

Jordan Farner is a well known junior here at Broomfield High School. Jordan loves to play soccer; He plays as a midfielder on the junior varsity team for the high school. Jordan is known as the “music maniac” of the school. Jordan knows just about every song and band in existence. He also knows all music genres from head to toe and prides himself on knowing all the members of every band. Jordan’s favorite music genre is classic rock. A few songs he likes to listen to are: Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd, Fade to Black by Metallica, and Sweating Bullets by Megadeth (which is also his favorite band).

Furthermore, Jordan also plays the guitar. Videos of Dave Mustaine (the guitarist and the lead singer of Megadeth) influenced Jordan when he was growing up. “Dave Mustaine is so good he is probably one of the best guitarists out there,” Jordan said. Although, Jordan was never taught by anybody to play the guitar, he taught himself to play, which is quite unique and impressive. Learning to play the guitar can be difficult especially when you are learning at such a young age. He has been playing the guitar since he was seven years old. At seven years old, Jordan received his first guitar. He currently has two different types of guitars: the Ibanez RG5 and the Fender. “I like the Fender better because it sounds ‘bluesy’,” he says.

Finally, Jordan went through a skater-phase as he was growing up. At six years old he got into skateboarding; He was really good by the time he was eight and nine years old. His neighbor was also a skateboarder, and Jordan would go to his house everyday to learn new tricks. Once Jordan would get them down pat, he would go back to his neighbor’s house to show him. Subsequently, his neighbor would teach him a new trick to accomplish. Jordan doesn’t skateboard as much as he used to when he was little, but occasionally he will hit the board a couple times now and then for his own amusement.