The Eagles of Broomfield: Bradley “The Boarder” Koenig

Dane Gunderson, Staff Writer

dane

Brad is fifteen years old, and is one of the only flow boarders amongst the student population. He competes in Flowboarding which is a competitive sport done on wave machines and “flow riders”, they are located around the nation and the world. Brad said “I have been flowboarding for two years, I developed a love for the competition after a few runs on “The Wave”, at WaterWorld. My friends continued to give me some pointers and I realized that flowboarding was the sport for me”. Brad said the biggest challenge he faced was learning to land a 360 from the knelt position. He is most proud of mastering the rodeo flip, a trick that has set him apart from the bulk of the competition. He has competed at national events in Las Vegas and San Diego. In Vegas, his most recent competition, he competed in the 14-18 year old age group and placed 5th in the nation after three runs on three different flow riders. Brad said, “I just have tons of fun doing it and have really overcame the fear I originally had when I first started riding the waves. I have really learned to become consistent when executing some of the more difficult tricks. Plus failing does not hurt that bad! I want to inspire new kids to try out flowboarding.”