Marching Victory (Part Two)

Steven Croell, Staff Writer

For the second year in a row, our Broomfield Marching Band has taken the title in the Friendship Cup. Many didn’t think they could repeat after last year’s surprise victory, but they were on a mission to prove people wrong. Brendan Carrol, a sophomore drummer, had the opportunity  to compete in both winnings of the Friendship Cup.

bandy

“It was a good feeling. I felt very accomplished, and very proud of my band. We worked really hard to get to that point, and it was nice to see it pay off. For drumline, we practiced almost 20 hours a week,” said Carrol. Even though it was good to start off the season winning the Friendship cup, Brendan plans on only moving forward with higher expectations.

“My hope for the rest of the competitions is that we do the best we possibly can, no matter what the score or placement. I’m really looking forward to finishing the show, and hopefully getting to state semis, or even finals.”

The band at Broomfield has been under the radar the past couple years but is on the verge of moving forward and growing, being able to compete at state and bigger competitions. Bringing in the new coach last year and building on from last year, they have their hopes set high as they keep on practicing and getting better for what’s next.