The Eagles of Broomfield: Halle Blanton

Tino Martinez, Staff Writer

halle

Sophomore Halle Blanton is not your average Broomfield Eagle. She is involved in many things as an athletic Eagle. She loves gymnastics and her top three favorite events are bars (in which she competes for varsity), floor, and beam. She loves the floor because, as she said, “Who doesn’t love bouncing around and flipping across the floor and doing fun tricks and performances?” She likes the beam because she is improving every single day and getting better and better at it.

Halle is also involved with track. Her favorite event is hurdles because she likes the rush, the competitiveness, and the adrenaline she gets every time the gun goes off and she races over each hurdle. She also does pole vaulting. She said, “Nothing feels better than clearing a new height.” She also loves relays, whether it is the two hundred meter, one hundred meter, or the three hundred meter hurdles.

What is unique about Halle is she is not only athletic; she’s also academic. She takes advanced language arts, but she enjoys photography because she likes learning about the evolution and history of the camera, how to take the cameras apart and see how they work, and, of course, to use the cameras to take her own photographs.

Away of school, Halle loves to be outdoors. She enjoys hiking and going to concerts. Her favorite band is Panic at the Disco. Also, although some people may not enjoy it, Halle loves to read. Halle does not care what people’s opinions are about reading, she enjoys it.