Cleaning Up The School

Emily DiGregorio, Staff Writer

Courtyard with trash

As high school students, we spend at least seven hours in school each day, five days a week. We all desire clean classrooms, a spotless stadium, bright gyms, unpolluted hallways, and hygienic restrooms. However, we are the only ones stopping ourselves from having the clean school we desire. Although students littering is the main issue, students not knowing that what they are doing is harming the planet is also a problem. Not only does it harm our planet, but it reflects poorly on us as a school. When driving down Main St., everyone can see the piles of trash that line the inner fence to our school. What that says about our school is not the notion we should have. People think highly of Broomfield High School, whether that be for athletics or academics, and we should not lose our title from such a ridiculous thing such as cleaning up after ourselves. Now that we are in high school, we expect to be treated as young adults, but it’s hard to gain respect if we don’t know how to clean up after ourselves. So many of us are extremely proud to be Eagles. Do the little things like throwing your trash away or picking up litter on the ground – yes – even if it’s not yours. It’s the little things like this that make Broomfield and all of us great.