Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Our nest. Our news.

The Eagle Way

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Summer Jobs

With summer break just two and a half months away, many teens are looking to get summer jobs, here are some tips for getting one.
Summer Jobs

Tip 1 – Look for job fairs in your city. Once you start looking, you’ll be surprised at how many places are hiring. Many cities are looking for people to work in rec centers, golf courses, etc.

Tip 2 – Look for businesses with signs saying “Hiring,” you don’t have to actively look for these if you don’t want to. Just notice when you walk into work.

Tip 3 – Try to apply in person if you can. Some stores will have you apply online, but putting a face to the name helps you stand out over online applicants.

Tip 4 – Be prepared, there are some jobs, like lifeguarding, that will have a second part of the interview. So be prepared when you walk in to do the job you are applying for.

Tip 5 – Finally, dress to impress. If you walk into an interview dressed nice (it doesn’t have to be a suit or dress, just business casual) you will usually have more success than the person who walks in with a sweatshirt and food stains on their pants.