The Lady Eagles Dominate

The Broomfield Lady Eagles swim and dive team members support each other to no end: except to the end of the pool

Rachel Lutz, Staff Writer

On Wednesday November 30th, the Broomfield Lady Eagles swim and dive team had their first meet of the season at the Broomfield Community Center against Fairview High School. The swimmers dominated the pool, whether or not they won their race.

The team is huge this year, and along with many returners, there are many freshman and other swimmers new to the team. And for many of these new swimmers, they had never swam on a team or at a meet before. Lucky for them, the lady eagles are a community in their own right.

There were eleven swim events, with each swimmer doing 2-4 events. The returning swimmers showed their expertise at the sport, while the new swimmers proved their hard work and that they will be competitors to watch out for.

There were five rounds of diving, and each of our three divers attending the meet did amazing. The swimmers had a lot of fun watching and supporting the divers, cheering them on after every dive, no matter how well or if any mistakes were made.

The team did phenomenal, starting the season off strong. Swimming (and diving) as a sport often goes unnoticed, but the lady eagles are not a team to be overlooked.

The girls next meet is Saturday December 3rd at 9am at the VMAC (Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center) in Thornton.