Boy’s Volleyball CHSAA News And Upcoming Events

CHSAA Approval and Important Training Dates

Matthew Whiteford, Staff Writer

Can boy’s volleyball get CHSAA sponsored early?

BrHS Boys volleyball wants CHSAA approval for the 2023 season; however, it’s not looking good.

After a May tournament, Dr. Edbrooke stated that CHSAA was surprised by how well the BrHS boy’s volleyball team did and contemplated approval. But approval was not sanctioned.

However, boy’s volleyball will be CHSAA sponsored by the spring of 2024 and housed at Centaurus High School.

As an alternative, BrHS is going to have a club season this spring.

Offseason/Preseason Training

A meeting on Sept 27th covered upcoming mini-training camps, off-season, and pre-season training.

Starting on November 8th and going until November 10th, there will be a mini-training camp. From 4:30-5:30 pm on November 8th; from 4:30-6:30 pm on the 9th; and 4:30-6:00 on November 10th.

The location will be in one of the two gyms, but it may be in the weight training rooms depending on the girl’s team performance at regionals.

The strength and agility training will begin in November, on the 14th or 7th, depending on gym space availability (Time TBD). See Coach Edbrooke for more information.

Starting at the beginning of January, there will be practice every Wednesday from 7:00 to 8:15 am.

Players need to be sure to wake up early to show up on time.

On January 16th (MLK Jr Day) and on February 20th (Presidents’ Day), there will be another mini-training camp (Time TBD) hosted at BrHS.

Lastly, there’s going to be an open gym every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (most likely after school) for the people who are going to participate on the boy’s volleyball team. This will begin on February 20th and will go on until March 3rd. Tryouts begin on March 6th.

Important Information For December

There is going to be an open gym on Dec 7th in the eagle gym from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm, Dec 13th in the Wilkerson gym from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm, and lastly on Dec 14th in both the Wilkerson and eagle gym from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm.