Trust, Balance, & Drive

Eagles poms gets ready for their annual showcase. Go see it!

Presleigh Goodwin, Staff Writer

The Broomfield Poms is gladly presenting their annual showcase, with this year’s theme, “Trust, Balance, Drive,” on February 25th and 26th at 7:00 pm in the Broomfield High School Auditorium.

Every year the JV and Varsity teams train after their state competition in order to put on a show for Broomfield friends and family.In an effort to raise money for their trip to Orlando, Florida to compete at NDA Nationals, each member will sell tickets for $5 for students and $10 for adults. Dances featured will include Varsity and JV’s Hip Hop state routine and Pom routine.

Additionally, each member is given the opportunity to choreograph their own piece to share with the other girls on the squad. Coaches and guest choreographers also design routines for these hard working ladies in styles such as Lyrical, Jazz, and Hip Hop.Varsity Pom Coach Carrie Nitchoff works relentlessly all the way from November to the end of the showcase to put on the best show for our community. But she says it is all worth it when seeing the “beautiful heart of my dancers come through in their choreography.”

Prep before the show begins in November and it is crucial that many things get done in order to put on a show of this kind of magnitude. Coaches must “work through the choreography schedule and planning to get the auditorium” whereas dancers must pick a genre, music, costuming and so much more for their piece.

Pom seniors always have it the toughest around this time of year, because it’s their final showcase of their high school career. Leann Nyguen, a senior on BHS poms, has dedicated all four precious years of high school to her teammates and team. As Nyguen looks back on all four of her showcases, she’s made a multitude of favorite memories to take with her into her future. “My favorite memories from previous showcases are having team dinners before, and seeing all the dances everyone makes,” said Nyguen.

As she prepares to leave, Nyguen gives her younger teammates some advice as the showcase approaches: “To my teammates, I wanna say to live in the moment. Four years goes by really fast, so I would take in every single little detail before it’s all gone.”

To support our pom team and help them on their road to nationals, come support on February 25th and 26th at 7pm.

Contact any of the pom members or Mrs. Nitchoff to purchase a ticket. You can also buy one at the front door of the Broomfield auditorium on show night. Come and enjoy the 2021-2022 Broomfield Pom Team’s final regional performance before they head to Florida!