The Eagles of Broomfield: Aubreyanna Mikelson

Steven Croell, Staff Writer

steven

Most of you have gone to school with the same group of friends throughout your school years, but have you ever wondered what it would be like to join into a brand new school? Aubreyanna Mikelson, a sophomore transfer from Erie High School,  talked through what it’s like, “The beginning of the year has been very stressful so far. I’m busy with softball and taking multiple AP classes that are loading up with homework.” One key thing that she said was helping her out was the support of her softball friends who  play on her summer team. The first couple days she had to go through the wrath of the hallways, barely moving, trying to figure out where her classes were,, and ended up being a couple minutes late to every class. She was thankful for the leeway of the teachers and understanding her struggle. Now, being a couple weeks in, she has got the hang of shortcuts to classes and realizing that she can’t socialize between classes if she wants to be on time. “It seems that every day I’m either introducing myself to someone, or someone is coming up to me, making it easy to make new friends and feel more comfortable.” Aubreyanna is very excited she has found a new school that she is now comfortable with and can’t wait to enjoy the next three years during softball, sporting events, and to keep meeting all the new people she never knew about.