The Eagle Way

Finals Week Survival Guide

Ana Cole, Staff Writer

The week students always dread is coming up right around the corner: finals week. Since it’s so stressful, it’s very important to find ways to cope with your finals. For some people, their way of coping is procrastination—something we are all guilty of. Over the years I’m sure we have all figured out that it doesn’t work very well. Here are some ways that you can make sure that you have an easy, relaxed week.

1. Make a list of your week. Plan out when you’re going to study for each class.
  2. Have a study party with your friends. Either stay home or go to Starbucks.
  3. Go in for morning and afternoon tutor times. If you’re not understanding something, it’s better ask someone who knows what they’re doing other than stressing yourself out and learning something incorrectly.
  4. Get good sleep all week. Getting good sleep makes you focus better when you’re sitting in a classroom for 2 hours. Naps don’t hurt either.
  5. Go outside. Going outside and getting some sunlight makes you less stressed and makes you focus on what needs to get done.
  6. Try to ditch snack foods. Sugary foods will do the opposite of making you focus and be ready for some hard studying.

Obviously, some of these things will not work for everyone but at least try a few. You might be surprised. It is very important to be taking good care of yourself when you’re overwhelmed by stress. Finals week doesn’t have to be as hard as we make it, just simply plan things out so that you don’t get overwhelmed trying to study for everything all at once. Try to take care of yourself by eating healthy and giving yourself breaks. Don’t try to overwork your brain. Have a calm, relaxed finals week!

Ana Cole, Staff Writer

Ana Cole is a Senior at Broomfield High School. She is on the varsity poms team as well as the varsity golf team and is involved in Blue Crew. Most of...