The Eagle Way

Life Is a Road Trip

Jenna Burgesser, Staff Writer

Life should be like a road trip. Are you living your life the way that you truly want it to be lived? Are you taking risks, going on adventures, and experiencing the world in a unique and individual way? Or, are you stuck, constantly going through the motions, living every day the same way with the same people and the same plain breakfast, waiting for something to change?

It’s easy to wait. It’s easy to lie to yourself and pretend that you’re completely content with the way that things are going. Eventually you’ll reach that point in life that you have always dreamed of, right?

Everyone has ambitions; whether it’s owning a nice car, travelling the world, or having a family of your own and living behind a white picket fence. The thing is, none of these aspirations will stand a chance unless you learn to live your life in a way that makes you wake up and want to see what each day brings. Life should be like a road trip. You should live in a state of mind where everything is fun and adventurous, releasing your tight grip and just relaxing. The moment you lock the door and head out, you should perceive the world differently and allow even the most meaningless of things to turn into a crazy story. Moments like getting a flat tire, or ending up stranded in the middle of nowhere make the adventures special and unforgettable. It’s in those moments that you are able to appreciate life, taking in each moment separately and giving unlimited potential for each situation to flourish into a unique adventure. And on that journey, you change. You see and you feel. You learn and you let go. Your mindset, your attitude, and your actions are all driven by a place in your soul that is simple, young, and free. Your decisions are dictated by your true self. They are not corrupted by the need to take in all of the right information and critically make sure that you’re doing the right thing. It’s in this mindset that you are truly present and happy.

Don’t be like those who wake up one day looking back on their life’s memories in search of the things they can define themselves by, the moments where they felt truly alive and free. Create a life that lets you drop the stress and baggage you carry. Go on a road trip. Life should be like a road trip.