The Eagles Of Broomfield: Hazel Pennie

Hailee Thompson, Staff Writer

eob

At Broomfield High School there are a lot of people you don’t know and have not met before. Today I talked to a girl named Hazel Pennie. Hazel is a freshman this year. She is really excited about her first year in high school and not being in middle school anymore. Hazel likes that in high school she has more choices to do things you are interested in and you can be yourself. She likes that you don’t have to “follow the crowd” and you can be your own person. One thing she does not like about high school and being a freshman is that the upperclassmen look down on her and say mean things to her, no matter what she does. Just even when she’s walking in the hallways she gets yelled at. This year, Hazle would like to go out of her comfort zone and take on track. She would like to be a sprinter for the track team. She was also thinking about joining some clubs, but she’s not sure what kind of clubs she would be interested in just yet.When I asked Hazel if she had any idea what she wanted do as a career and almost instantly she said, “Art or food; nothing with math.” So who knows, maybe Hazle could be the next Picasso or Rachael Ray. Hazel’s dream school would be to go to the University of Hawaii. What she hopes to accomplish this year is good grades and to break out of her shell and comfort zone. After talking to Hazel for only a few minutes, I learned a lot about her. It’s amazing how you can learn so much about someone after asking a few short questions.