Going Home with More at JAM

Steven Croell, Staff Writer

Many students were excited for the extra activities at JAM after they dance the night away at prom, especially with the potential for prizes. At JAM there were many games students could play to win fake money in order to win prizes at the very end. People played many casino card games and participated in other activities to win these JAM bucks that they could take to the prize room. There, students could purchase items like an IPAD, TV’s, headphones, speakers, tattoos, and gift cards. Students who were willing to stay to the very end had the opportunity to win the grand prizes. However, some people left early, which helped out some people like Joshua Hicks, 12; he came into school the next week excited about his big win: “Yeah it was sweet, they called like two people before me then I was the third one and the only one there luckily,” Josh told the class on winning the camping super pack. So, lucky Josh, he won the pack that was worth nearly a total of 250 dollars. Most people thought the camping prize was the highlight of the prizes. The pack included a Yeti cooler, sleeping bags, tent, chairs and many needs for a camping trip. JAM was a great after prom get together for the kids, and being able to get something a little extra at the end makes it even better, kind of like an exclamation point at the end of the night.